Sunday, May 28, 2017

Day 2: Morgan's Wedding



We fell in love with Morgan all over again. 

We haven't seen her since she was 5 years old and today she married Bryce in a beautiful rose garden wedding. She was radiant, stunning, graceful, relaxed, kind, and loving. But most of all, she seemed totally in love with Bryce. She looked like she was walking on clouds.

Morgan’s mom is Marie, Gina’s best friend from high school. 



Marie and I met on the first day of high school and have been friends ever since. We had every class together freshman year, and may have been the only two Puerto Rican girls in our high school.

I saw Marie for the first time in 12 years at beginning of the wedding as she walked up the isle. Marie saw me for the first time at the end of the wedding as she was walking down the isle, and she just stopped, came over and hugged me. It was overwhelming, we were crying it was so wonderful to be together again.

Because Marie was the mother of the bride, I knew she was going to be very busy and I was expecting minimal time with her. But I was seated at table #1 next to Marie just a few feet from Morgan…what an honor. It was so easy to fall back into comfortable conversation and begin to catch up on the years we were apart.


We had a wonderful time at the wedding and reception. We danced and laughed and talked to Marie and Mogan's friends and family. We are looking forward to seeing Marie and her husband Vince again in New York in a few weeks.

Trip Stats:
29.8 mi  10.6 kWh  355 Wh/mi  today
427.1 mi  129.8 kWh  300Wh/mi  TOTAL

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

I just checked at it looks to be somewhat near one of your charging stops.

Unknown said...

Tom and Gina,

Thank you so much for gracing Morgan and Bryce with your presence. It made a memorable day, perfect! We can't wait to see you in NY. Be safe and enjoy every moment!

Marie

Wenni Donna said...

Wow! That’s a long time. It’s so good to have friendship that lasts this long. I am marrying my childhood best friend and this is going to last forever. I am very excited about it. Also, it is in one of the finest San Francisco venues by the end of this year. My sister writes blogs and I will share the one that she writes about my wedding.